*Exciting New Planetarium Shows*
Explore the night sky with our engaging, awe-inspiring shows at the Jenks Planetarium! The 50-foot high definition SciDome provides the ultimate screen for seeing planets up close, flying to distant stars and galaxies, and even rediscovering our own earth in ways never thought possible. From a complex black hole to the simplicity of a constellation, audiences will walk away with a new understanding of our cosmos. Shows will interest everyone from the young to the young at heart. All shows last approximately 50 minutes.
» 2022 Fall Show Schedule Brochure
To make a reservation for a Planetarium show you may:
- Pay online with a credit card (Discover/Mastercard/Visa, $7 per person). Click on the list of shows below to make online reservations.
- Call the Jenks Community Education office at 918-298-0340 and pay using a credit card ($7 per person).
- Visit the Jenks Community Education office and pay using a credit card, cash or check ($7 per person).
- No cash, checks or credit cards will be accepted at the door.
9/27/22 Fractal Exploration
10/01/22 The Summer Sky***
10/04/22 Solar System Protection Agency*
10/11/22 Fragile Planet: Earth's Place in the Universe *NEW*
10/18/22 My House Has Stars*
10/25/22 The Sistine Chapel**
10/29/22 The Autumn Sky***
11/01/22 Spacepark 360*
11/08/22 Earth, Moon & Sun*
11/29/22 Animals of the Sky*
12/03/22 How to Use My Telescope
12/06/22 Passport to the Universe
12/13/22 The Sky We Don't See
* Designed for younger children
* Spacepark 360* - Out of this world theme park rides at the most exotic celestial locales.
** The Sistine Chapel - This show displays real paintings as seen in the Sistine Chapel in Rome, which contain some artistic nudity. Parental discretion is recommended.
*** For both The Summer Sky and The Autumn Sky, rooftop telescope parties are to follow, weather permitting
Doors to the Planetarium open approximately 30 minutes prior to listed show time. If you make reservations prior to the show, your name will appear on a list at the door and will be checked off prior to entering. (Tickets will not be issued at the time of purchase and you do not need to show proof of purchase.) General seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. No food or drink is allowed in the Planetarium.
The Jenks Planetarium is housed on the 3rd floor in the Dr. Kirby A. Lehman Center for the Study of Math and Science Center on the Jenks High School Campus. An elevator is available.
Parking is available on both the east and the west sides of the building.
» Download Planetarium Map