JENKS PARENTS AS TEACHERS
Parents As Teachers is an early childhood parent education and family support program that serves families with children birth to 3 years of age. All services (except Stay and Plays) are provided FREE by Certified Parent Educators. For more information, please contact Cheryl Brown, Administrative Assistant, at 299-4411, ext. 2271 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org OR Barbara Allcorn, Receptionist, at 918-299-4411, ext. 2405 or email her at email@example.com.
The mission of Parents as Teachers is to provide the support and encouragement parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life.
Parents as Teachers (PAT) is a unique parent education program designed to give children the best possible start in life. The program is based on the philosophy that parents are their children's first and most important teachers. The Jenks program receives funding from Jenks Community Education, Jenks Public Schools and an Oklahoma Parents As Teachers grant.
Jenks PAT is affiliated with the nationally validated Parents As Teachers program, which originated as a pilot program in Missouri in 1981. It is now implemented in 50 states and 9 countries.
The goal of the Parents As Teachers program is to strengthen the capacity of parents to be effective first teachers. The program is designed to maximize a child's overall development during the first three years of life, lay the foundation for school success and minimize developmental problems that interfere with the child's learning.
WHAT DOES JENKS PARENTS AS TEACHERS OFFER?
- Personal Visits - Personal visits offer parents timely information about each stage of their child's development and provide activities to encourage development and learning.
- Group Meetings - Meeting with other parents provides opportunities to gain new insights, share experiences and to discuss topics of interest.
- Developmental Screening - Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) - Parent Educators offer periodic screenings of overall development, language, hearing, and vision.
- Referral Network - When needed, PAT helps families link with special services that are beyond the scope of the program.
- Stay and Play - Stay and Play times are provided in our classroom for parents and children to socialize in an enriching environment.
All children will learn, grow, and develop to realize their full potential.
Parents as Teachers Stay and Play is for children newborn to three years old and their parents. Enjoy an enriching environment where children can play, explore, and socialize. Child development and parenting resources are available during the session. Families MUST reside in the Jenks Public School District.
September 5, 2017 to May 22, 2018
1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month
9:30am - 10:45am
Cost: $5.00 per session